Gas Leak Repair Toronto
Gas lines are the vital part of any home as they supply uninterrupted gas supply to the homes in every season. Nevertheless, when neglected of proper maintenance, care and re-installation, it becomes a life threatening danger. In fact, it is a big matter of concern for the families to stay protected and safe from the unseen accidents due to unawareness or reluctant behavior. Gas lines are prone to blast or split anytime, causing heavy trouble for the homeowners. Therefore, it is important to take highest care during its usage.
What are signs you have a gas leak?
Gas leaks can be detected if one knows precisely what to look for. First, there will be a rotten egg smell or a heavy petroleum-like scent that emanates throughout the home.
What are signs that it is time to repair or replace your line?
It is perfectly natural for a gas line to wear and tear with age. When the joints of the lines appear to be weakening, a gas line problem may be imminent.
What should you do in the event of a problem?
There are some important precautions to take when a leak is suspected. First, everyone should leave the home immediately. An emergency call should be placed in order to alert the utility company and the public agency about the potential leak.
Follow these emergency procedures if you smell rotten eggs in your home, you may likely have a dangerous gas leak.
- Turn off the gas supply at the meter.
- Open all the windows and doors in order to get fresh air circulating through the home.
- Avoid using any light switches, or anything electronic, including your cell phone.
- Do not smoke or use matches.
- Leave your home if any of the windows are locked.
- Call a licensed plumber – Ramboll Appliance is available 24/7 for any emergency.